Monday, August 24, 2015

[5x25 Day 2-3] MAGICAL WEEKEND



So I kind of cheated ... sorry! The last two days have been a whirlwind of fun and memory-making, So much to the point where I haven't even had a proper chance to sit down at the computer and type anything much less blog about something. I decided to combine these two days into one post~ and in return I will write for ten minutes instead of five!  Sorry for the cheating, post~~

Four of the photos out of the five are from Sunday when we went to Disneyland for Jivan's 23rd birthday!  Sorry, a lot of these photos are selfies~ I simply couldn't resist... they were cute :P


The other one in the top right corner was from the event by Pacific Symphony for Star Trek (in which there was a live orchestra playing the soundtrack of the Star Trek Reboot movie!)  I dressed up as Spock!  The makeup and hair was intense but fun to do.  The outfit was the easiest, and I just ordered everything from Amazon.  Anyways, It was such a cool event. I loved the unison and inside-jokes between the audience/fans every time there was a reference made in the movie - and even a point when everyone cheered because one of the orchestra members was messing around and playing the TOS theme song.  So amazing.  I love feeling like I belong when I'm being a total nerd - for once I feel like I fit in and everyone is just as obsessed as I am!  It's so great to have that kind of experience. I think that's the great thing about fandom - one small, simple thing can bring people of all different backgrounds together and create friendships out of something truly unifying and universal.  I just think it's great that even if we're totally different people ,we can connect through something like this and feel like a family somehow.

Jivan and I are taking up 3/5 photos, lol! We took so many selfies that day. We had a really great time at Disneyland too!  It was a very hot day, but it's okay, we just tried to enjoy ourselves as much as we could and keeping cool with ice creams and mint juleps (unfortunately that mint julep was alcohol free hehe)!  We utilized the Fastpass at Disneyland and tried to strategize so we could just knock out the rides as fast as we could.  And the food was amazing of course! We had a croissant for breakfast, a giant turkey leg for lunch, and bread bowls for dinner.  All totally delicious! I'll be dreaming about that turkey leg for months to come...

To my surprise, I didn't feel to old for Disneyland at all... I think it's totally true that it brings out the kid in you and that it will make you feel young!  I especially loved all the details that were put into making the park come alive and making it really seem like a whole other world to the guests - like all of the detail that goes into all the sets of the rides and even just small decorations around the park itself.  The fireworks show was amazing and I was surprised to find that I really enjoyed both that and the parade.  The snow falling during "Let It Go" of the fireworks show almost made me cry, it was so beautiful! I guess I just really love snow - it makes me feel so whimsical and fluttery for some reason.  I turned to Jivan and screamed, "IT'S SO MAGICAL!" He was laughing at my enthusiasm but I guess I can really see now how it is a magical place...I'll be coming back whenever I'm starting to feel too old ;)

xx Lynna