Thursday, March 20, 2014

[TRAVEL DIARY] Dublin, Ireland - my long lost kingdom


Ireland is a place I could see myself retiring to: it's so peaceful and dreamlike yet there's an undercurrent of sparkling energy and a subtle sense of vitality.
This city is alive, throbbing with a pulse of deep-rooted history and fresh innovation at the same time.
The contrast is dizzying - in the best kind of way.
It's a beautiful city and a place I hold so very dear to my heart.
I fell in love with Ireland at first sight and I've not looked back since.


This is not very fashion focused but it's something I want to share with the world because it is fascinating and utterly beautiful place ... I truly do believe in magic when I'm here...!

WARNING: Extremely picture heavy post. Very long post!

Bewley's is apparently the best coffehouse in Dublin - our free tour guide suggested this place to us and it did not disappoint at all! Absolutely delicious breakfast for our second day in Ireland!






This is the Dublin Castle which is a pretty famous castle in Ireland which has been remodeled after the many years of deterioration so it was still very cool architecture on the outside but inside has been redone so we didn't go in (it costs money!)









This gorgeous mint building is the National Library of Ireland.  Such a gorgeous, peaceful place with a pleasant atmosphere of history and nostalgia - they still have a card catalog system! And there's actually people in the library! Reading and doing things! And stepladders used to access the higher-up books!! As you can tell I had way too much fun with this...I love books and libraries dearly and in America it's a shame that their popularity is dying out ... so this made me extremely happy and I felt so at home.



Look at that GORGEOUS ceiling!  The architecture will never cease to absolutely amaze me.






This is my sister (left) and my close friend (Karen) who were the two people I traveled with... We went through many trials on this trip together hehe.
Thank you so much for looking! I hope you eyes had a wonderful feast of the gorgeous, timeless city of Dublin, Ireland!

Part 2 coming soon! Also I have heavy-image photo diaries for Paris and London as well! :)