Monday, March 10, 2014

[EVENT] Style Fashion Week Sunday March 9



Today was the kickoff start day of STYLE Fashion Week in LA and I was lucky enough to be able to volunteer for the event!
I absolutely love the behind the scenes aspect even most of the time it's quite hectic and actually not glamorous at all, but I love seeing how things really are - the cogwheels of the show, in a sense; I think it's really interesting how everything comes together perfectly in the end despite all the stress/panic involved in the behind the scenes the shows.


The designers for the show tonight were Tatyana for Bettie Page Store and Ina Soltani.  I spotted both the designers (albeit being very busy) but they were both fabulous!

Ina Soltani's style is more glamorous and dramatic which is also amazing.  


I volunteered for putting together the gift-bags and let me tell you, some of the stuff in those were awesome!
Like the Neuro water for example. It looked so cool and refreshing!

We spent several hours putting together several hundred gift bags for the guests and attendees of the event.
It was fast-paced but fun because that's when I work best!
However, a downside was the hot, dry weather today that made being inside a giant tent with the sun shining down on it for several hours with a million other people and hot photography lights ... kind of made me feel really gross and sweaty for the rest of the day. Yuck! 
I was able to have a few moments to check out all the cool behind the scenes going-ons which was fun.
Also was able to snap a few photos of the behind the scenes workings!
(I apologize for the shoddy qualities of photos.  My phone is not the best camera - especially not in a place with minimal lighting).

Setting up the runway and getting it all ready for the glamour to ensue!

Hair stylists hard at work to prep the gorgeous models for the runway.

Setting up the gift bags in the chairs for guests!

Pieces from the Tatyana / Bettie Page collection

I saw this vendor setting up before the show and I am IN LOVE with her designs -- it's super adorable, vintage-couture children's clothing and I am obsessed! You need to check it out!
She's going to be showcasing her own runway show in tomorrow's Style fashion week show!
Amazing right?!  Website is here.


More behind the scenes chaos!

These are gift bags we put together :)

And the cool volunteer t-shirt I got! Yay!

For next season, I hope I can contact some PR companies or designers and maybe get some actual access and be able to attend the shows -- now that I've seen the behind the scenes of the show, I want to see the real actual glamorous show! ♥

Hope you enjoyed the behind the scenes post and don't forget to check out Style Fashion Week as well as the amazing designers showcased!