Sunday, September 28, 2014

[OOTD] Effortless





Even though the rest of the world is happily gearing up for fall - cozy sweater and oversized coats galore, California is still scorching as if we are in the middle of July; the heat has just been clinging on to us, reluctant to let go!


Part of me yearns for sweater weather since it is my favorite season, but this heat wave casts a dreamlike, hazy feel and makes us feel so peaceful in a strange way, like taking a nap and not having a care in the world in a middle of a summer vacation. I tried to capture that kind of lethargic yet calm atmosphere in the warm tones of these photos. I hope it comes across as such~!
The heat is also is the reason why I have been shopping for clothes like this dress: 
floaty and soft and romantic, and most importantly, absolutely effortless. Like the way life has been feeling for me lately - as if everything is just effortlessly falling into place.


I love the shape and detail of the dress as well as the gorgeous color (pink and gold is my favorite color combination since ever!). I can't wait to wear it out to an actual event/occasion rather than just strolling around town totally overdressed, hah.

I named this my "fairytale" dress and it's very befitting since the location of this shoot was at a private beach in Corona Del Mar and I swear, I felt like I was thrown into a movie set when I laid eyes on this breathtaking backdrop.  We caught the golden hour too! Lucky us! (;

Also, first shoot with my new hairstyle (that I cut and dyed myself yay!) which is my favorite hairstyle on me in a loooong time :)



 Dress: Funny Waltz
Heels: Charlotte Russe

 









 








Thank you so much for reading! I hope we get some real fall weather soon! I have way too many adorable coats and scarves tucked away into the depths of my closet !!  I really want to start wearing boots and stockings, too!

Till next time!